Design and Technology
In Design Technology, through an inspiring curriculum, we aim to ensure that all pupils:
- Develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world;
- Build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high-quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users;
- Critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products as well as the work of others;
- Understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.
- Benefit from medium term planning which reflects the content and challenge of the 2014 National Curriculum, with space for pupil input, where British Values and SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural) development are embedded.
Key Design and Technology Documents
Useful Design and Technology Websites for Children
Fun Kids Live
KS1 ~ https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zb9d7ty
KS2 ~ https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zyr9wmn